Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Carney: No More From Obama on Trayvon Martin

Carney: No More From Obama on Trayvon Martin:
White House Press Secretary Jay Carney today said President Obama will make no further comments on the Trayvon Martin case.
“I certainly don’t think you’ll hear from him,” Carney said, noting that there is an “ongoing investigation” in the case.
Carney suggested the White House is now imposing a wall of silence on the matter. “He and I and others will refrain from commenting on it,” he said.
Carney did not say that Obama had erred in addressing the case last month when the president suggested sympathy for Martin and remarked that if he had a son, he would look like him. The case was also under investigation then.
Martin, who is black, was shot and killed by George Zimmerman, who is half white and half Hispanic, during an altercation February 26 in Sanford, Florida. Zimmerman has said he was acting in self defense, but many African Americans and black leaders charge he was the victim of a racially motivated attack.